Special Equipment: box grater
- ¼ cup quinoa (or ¾ cup cooked quinoa)
- 1 head of broccoli
- ½ cup of small diced red onion
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup of mixed chopped fresh herbs (basil, mint, parsley, cilantro)
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flake
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemons zest and 1 tablespoon of its juice
- ⅔ cup Tahini
- 1.75 Oz water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Make the Tabouleh: Bring a small pot of water to a boil & add the quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the thread like tail uncoils from the grain. Drain and return the quinoa to the empty pot.
- Using the coarse holes of a box grater shred the broccoli florets. Peel the broccoli stems and grate on the fine holes so there is zero waste. You should get about 3-4 (packed) cups of shredded broccoli.
- In a large bowl mix all the spices and salt together. Add the shredded broccoli, olive oil, lemon, onion,cherry tomatoes and herbs. Mix well.
- Make the Tahina: Add lemon, water, garlic and salt to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add Tahini, blend until smooth and emulsified.
- Spoon Broccoli Tabouleh onto a serving platter and drizzle the Tahina over top. Serve immediately! Enjoy