- 6 Lemons
- 1.5 Quarts Kosher Salt
- 2 Medium Glass Jars with Lids
- 1 Medium Bowl
- A Knife
- Cut lemons lengthwise into quarters, & add into the bowl
- Add salt to the bowl & coat lemons
- Add 1/4 Cup lemon salt mix to mason jar
- Add 2 lemon quarters to jar
- Add 1/4 Cup lemon salt to mason jar
- Continue this process until you’ve added all of the lemons
- Once the lemons reach the jars upper bevel, push down and add salt to cover completely
- Attach your lid, label, date & store in a cool dark place
- Allow lemons to preserve between 2-3 months flipping them upside down weekly
*Preserved lemons will be ready around 30 days but definitely better after 60 days.
** If you do not have time to make your own preserved lemons you can buy them either online or at most grocery stores. Be careful not to buy the ones with chilies in them.