Devils on horseback is a classic sticky, salty, sweet appetizer that is making a strong comeback on menus across the country. Plus it makes the perfect hors d’ oeuvre at a cocktail party.
5 Slices of Bacon (cut in half)
5 Ea Medjool Dates
1 Oz Gorgonzola Blue Cheese
Wrapping The Dates
- Pre-heat oven or air fryer to 350 F.
- Split the dates in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Cut sliced bacon in half and lay out flat in organized rows.
- Place the half date, pit side up at the end of each bacon slice.
- Add the gorgonzola into the pit cavity of the date, season lightly with salt & black pepper.
- Roll the bacon around the dates tightly then place on a baking sheet seam side down.
Notes: You can use any cheese you like to stuff the dates or leave out all together. Also, turkey bacon works just as well.
- Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip the date over drizzle with Maple syrup.
- Place back in oven to cook for another 7 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, garnish w a little more maple and sea salt.