1 Cup Quinoa
2 Cup Water
1 Each Bay Leaf
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear.
- Drain and transfer to a medium pot.
- Add water & salt.
- Bring to a boil, & cover.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until water is absorbed, (15 to 20 minutes) until the quinoa is tender and the thread like tail uncoils from the grain.
- Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes.
- Uncover & fluff.
¾ Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 Head Broccoli with stalk
½ Cup Red Onion, small diced
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
¼ Cup Basil, Mint, Parsley, Cilantro, chopped
¾ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
¾ Teaspoon Coriander, ground
¾ Teaspoon Cumin, ground
½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
¼ Teaspoon Aleppo Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
4 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Each Lemon, zested & juiced
- Using the coarse holes of a box grater shred the broccoli florets.
- Peel the broccoli stems and grate on the fine holes so there is zero waste. You should get about 3-4 (packed) cups of shredded broccoli.
- In a large bowl, mix all the spices and salt together.
- Add the shredded broccoli, olive oil, lemon, diced onion, cherry tomatoes, quinoa & herbs.
- Mix well & taste for seasoning.
Tahina & Plating
⅔ Cup Tahini
1¾ Oz water
½ Cup Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
3 Each Garlic Cloves, minced
- In a blender, add lemon, water, garlic, salt, & tahini.
- Blend until smooth & emulsified.
- Spoon Broccoli Tabouleh onto a serving platter & drizzle Tahina on top.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy