Hot buttery pancakes! Yes please! Breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert it doesn’t matter when you eat these. Make it even more fun by setting up a topping bar with all your favorite things, just remember the best pancake topping is MORE PANCAKES!
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, & baking soda.
- In another bowl, add your buttermilk.
- Separate the eggs & melt butter.
- Add yolks & butter to buttermilk, & mix well.
- In a mixer, with the whipping attachment, add egg whites, the ¼ zest of the orange & whip until soft peaks form. Shake the sugar into the egg whites & whip until peaks are medium to stiff.
- Add the wet ingredients into your dry ingredients using a whisk. Be sure to use a folding motion and not over work the flour. Look to have little lumps in your batter.
- Now add your whipped egg whites into the batter. Fold in the whites with a rubber spatula until the whites are incorporated.
- Set aside and prepare to cook.
- Using a non stick pan or a griddle, heat to a low temperature.
- When cooking your pancakes remember to use cooking spray first.
- Spoon the batter onto your cooking surface. You can add your favorite fillings at this point or just keep the pancakes natural. I like blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, & nuts.
- Once you start seeing bubbles on the edges of the pancakes add a nub of butter to the cooking surface. This is where the real flavor comes in.
- Flip your flap-jacks and finish cooking in that delicious browned butter.
- Now it’s time to plate up & start building your stacks.
- Add your favorite garnishes & serve with a glass of fresh squeezed OJ & some coffee.