Classic & comforting, this dish is a great addition to Holiday Potlucks & any family dinner
Roasted Mushroom Béchamel
28 Oz Button Mushrooms
4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
4 Each Garlic Clove
15 Each Sprigs Thyme (tied with twine)
3 Each Bay Leaf
4 Oz Unsalted Butter
4 Oz All Purpose Flour
46 Fluid Oz Whole Milk
- Fill a pot with water & season lightly with salt.
- Slice mushrooms, heat saute pan with a little oil & add mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until water evaporates & season with salt to taste.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, turn down the heat.
- Add butter & cook until melted.
- Slice the garlic cloves & add to the pan along with thyme, & bay leaves.
- Add in the flour into mix until combined.
- Cook until mixture, aka the “Roux” is blonde in color (about 3-5 min).
- Using a whisk, slowly add the milk until the mixture is nice & smooth.
- Cook the mixture aka the “Béchamel” for 5-8 minutes on low heat.
- Be sure to continuously whisk while cooking to prevent the bottom from burning.
Blanching Green Bean & Building Casserole
1 1/2 Lb Green Beans
6 Oz Frenchs Fried Onions
- Cut the beans in 2 inch long pieces.
- Boil the beans for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Strain out all of the liquid & add add to the finished Béchamel.
- Mix until all on the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add 3/4 of the fried onions to the mixture, & reserve the rest for garnish.
- Taste the mixture & adjust the seasoning.
- Place into a casserole pan & top with fried onions.
- Now we’re ready to eat!