Happiness is a bowl of fresh pasta tossed in a cheesy creamy béchamel sauce, peppered with juicy lobster from Maine & topping it with crispy parmesan parsley breadcrumbs.
6 Sprigs | 10 g Flat Leaf Parsley
1½ Cup | 170 g Breadcrumbs
4 Tablespoon | 16 g Parmesan, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a food processor, add in picked parsley & ½ of the breadcrumbs.
- Blend together until parsley is fine in size.
- Mix in remaining breadcrumbs & only pulse once to combine.
- Pour parsley breadcrumb mix onto a dry baking sheet & shake to get a flat even layer.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, shake pan to mix, bake for an additional 3-5 minutes (until it is light golden brown).
- Take out of the oven & let cool on a resting rack.
- Once cooled, transfer the herbed breadcrumbs to a bowl, mix in Parmesan cheese & set aside.
2½ Oz | 70 g Unsalted Butter
2½ Oz | 70 g All Purpose Flour
1 Quart | 970 g Whole Milk
½ Cup | 125 g Cream Cheese
2 Cup | 175 g White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
½ Teaspoon | 3 g Salt, kosher
¼ Each | 2 g Nutmeg, grated
- In a pot over medium heat, melt butter & add flour to make roux.
- Stir mixture together & cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cook the roux, but do not let it brown. We’re looking for the roux to become light blonde.
- Using a whisk, gradually add in milk to the pan. Whisking to work away any lumps.
- Bring the sauce to a full boil; reduce to a simmer, stirring frequently & scrapping the bottom & sides of the pot.
- Simmer until the sauce is thick & smooth.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, loosen with a little milk.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes & turn off the heat.
- Season with nutmeg & salt.
- Whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in grated cheddar cheese.
- Taste & adjust seasoning as needed.
Cooking & Plating
1 Lb | 453g Pasta, cooked
As Needed Béchamel
6 oz | 170 g Cooked Lobster, chopped (3 Oz per serving)
As needed Chives, sliced
As Needed Breadcrumbs
- In a pot, on low to medium heat, add in freshly cooked pasta.
- Add in béchamel, toss to fully coat the pasta, & lightly warm up, taking care not to scorch.
- While heating up, fold in the bite sized lobster meat.
- When lobster mac’n cheese is completely hot, taste all together & adjust seasoning.
- Add sliced chives.
- Plate in a wide bowl & garnish the top with breadcrumbs.
- Dig in!
Notes: If you like a creamier Mac’n Cheese, just add in more béchamel.powered by Crowdcast
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_