1 Tablespoon | 10g Neutral Oil
1 Cup | 180g Basmati
1 3/4 cup | 378g Water
6 Each Saffron Threads
8 Each | 65g Dried Turkish Apricot, diced
1 Each | 20g Preserved Lemon Petals, diced
As Needed Kosher Salt
1 Each Bay Leaf
1 Nub Ginger, size of thumb
1 Each Pomegranate
- In a strainer, Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear.
- Add rice, & oil to a pot that is on medium heat.
- Lightly toast rice.
- Add water, saffron, diced apricots, diced preserved lemon, salt, bay leaf, & ginger.
- Gently stir to disperse & mix all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, & reduce to a low simmer.
- Cover pot with a lid.
- Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat & keep rice covered for up to 5 min.
- Fluff rice, & remove the nub of ginger.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, & chopped mint.
Notes: Sub lemon zest of 1 lemon if you don’t have preserved lemonpowered by Crowdcast
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_