3 ¼ Oz Neutral Oil
1Lb Ribeye, sliced
1 Box Puff Pastry, thawed in the fridge
½ Lb White American Cheese or Provolone, small diced
1 Cup Cream Cheese
¼ Cup Ketchup
3 Each Shallots, sliced thin
5 Each Garlic Cloves, shaved
10 Each Long Hot Peppers
1 Each Whole Egg
3 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
Fresh Black Pepper, freshly cracked
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour as needed for dusting surface & pastry
Non-Stick Spray for the baking sheet & parchment
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly roll out thawed puff pastry on a floured surface.
- Using your ring cutter, punch out rounds. If you do not have ring cutters use a clean glass or can as a template & trace around it with a knife.
- Place the pastry rounds onto your baking sheet lined with parchment paper & coated with non – stick spray.
- Lightly dock pastry with a fork.
- Place the baking sheets with pastries on them into the fridge or freezer to chill.
- Heat your cast iron or heavy bottom saute pan on medium-high heat, add canola to coat the pan & sweat out your garlic & shallots. Season. Once they soften & turn translucent turn the heat up to high & get a bit of caramelization on them.
- Push the lightly caramelized garlic & onions to the side of the pan. Add the steak to sear on high heat, when the steak is halfway cooked, mix garlic & onions in with the steak, add the ketchup & cream cheese. Mix to coat everything evenly, season with salt & fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place the steak mix into a bowl to cool & add the diced sharp provolone cheese.
- Pull one baking sheet of pastries out of the fridge at a time. Crack the egg & whisk in a small bowl. Using your pastry brush lightly egg wash the pastry rounds.
- Add a tsp of the steak mix to the center of the pastry rounds. Form the pies by gathering pastry dough together & pinching with your index finger & thumb. Repeat with the second baking tray. Once all pies are formed, egg wash them & sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper & Flaked Sea Salt.
- Place pans into the oven & cook for 15 minutes rotating pans halfway through cook.
- While the pies are cooking, heat your cast iron pan to high. Add canola to coat the bottom of the pan & blister the long hots. Season. Remove to a platter for serving.
- Remove the pies from the oven, immediately plate up & serve! Be careful they are hot!
- Now you’re ready to eat & root on the EAGLES!