- In a food processor, add pistachios & pulverize until minced.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, & ½ of the breadcrumbs,
- Blend until fine & bright green.
- Add remaining breadcrumbs & blitz until incorporated.
- Once finished taste & set aside.
Lamb Prep & Cook
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season the rack of lamb with salt & pepper.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan to medium – hight heat & add neutral oil to coat the pan.
- Sear rack of lamb on all sides & remove from pan.
- Once out of the pan, cover the bones with foil.
- Reduce temperature of the pan to a low – medium heat.
- Cut head of garlic horizontally & place flat side down in the pan.
- Lay thyme onto the garlic & create a bed for the lamb to lay on. The goal is to prevent the lamb from touching the pan.
- Add butter to the pan & baste for about 30 seconds.
- Place into the oven for 4 minutes.
- Lower oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush with a thin layer of mustard & roll around in pistachio breadcrumbs until meat has been fully coated.
- Place onto the aromatic bed, & place back into the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- When lamb reaches 120 degrees F take out & allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Notes: Be sure to use a very sharp knife to cut the lamb. The crust will be very fragile
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_