yield: 7 ½ Pita
- In a mixing bowl, add water, dry active yeast, & sugar – Mix until dissolved.
- Add high gluten flour.
- Using a dough hook, mix on speed “1” for 5 minutes or until a ball forms.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes in the mixing bowl.
- Add salt & oil.
- Mix for 5 min.
- Let proof for 45 min – 1 hour or until double in size.
- Punch & Portion to 4 ½ oz (125 g).
- Proof for 45 minutes.
- While bread is proofing, place your cast iron in the oven a preheat oven to 450 degrees F (fan on).
- If you have more pans, place them into the oven.
- With a rolling pin, roll into a ¼ inch flat circle.
- Let dough relax for a minute & place onto the hot cast iron.
- Quickly close the oven to prevent any heat from escaping.
- It Should take up to 3 minutes for the bread to spring. When it does, you can take it out & transfer to a resting rack (on flat side).
- Enjoy immediately or wait for bread to cool & wrap in airtight container.
Notes:powered by Crowdcast
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_