Equipment: Scale, Bowl, (2) Pot, Silicone Spatula, Ice Cream Machine, Ice Cream Container
Yield: 2 Quarts
3 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
1 1/4 Teaspoon Ice Cream Stabilizer
1/2 Each Vanilla Bean
2 Cup Whole Milk
4 Each Egg Yolks
1 Quart Heavy Cream (40%)
Ice Cream Base
2 Cup | 470g Whole Milk
3 Cup | 315g Granulated Sugar
2 Teaspoon | 4g Pumpkin Spice
1 1/4 Teaspoon | 4g Ice Cream Stabilizer
4 Each | 68g Egg Yolks
1 Quart | 930g Heavy Cream (40%), cold
1/2 Each Vanilla Bean, scraped
- In a pot, add whole milk, scraped vanilla bean with pod, pumpkin spice, ice cream stabilizer, & half of the granulated sugar.
- Whisk together & bring to a boil & whisk for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat & set aside.
- Place the other half of the granulated sugar into a bowl with egg yolks & whisk until mixture is three times the size, light & airy.
- Temper warm milk into egg yolks & sugar.
- Once combined, whisk in cream & discard vanilla bean.
- At this point the Ice Cream Base should be at room temperature. You can continue to Spinning Ice Cream below or store in the fridge.
Join the Carroll Crew
Enter my Studio Kitchen for virtual classes, one-on-one hangouts, & more.
Click Here to learn more
Spinning Ice Cream
1. Place Ice Cream base into preferred ice cream machine.
2. Depending on the style machine, spin until base resembles the consistency of soft serve or slightly firmer.
3. Place ice cream into a freezer safe container & cover the top with parchment paper.
4. Allow ice cream to harden to the consistency you like & enjoy!
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_