A super flavorful recipe that’s a great appetizer & entree. Fresh crispy lettuce, filled with meaty vadouvan pork. Topped with bright pickled onions, creamy avocado, carrots, crunchy peanuts & fresh cilantro. It’s very much a build your own adventure type of dish that takes less than 20 minutes to put together.
6 Each | 260g Shallots
1 ½ Cup | 305g Vinegar, distilled
¼ Cup | 45g Sugar
½ Tablespoon | 4g Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon | 4g Mustard Seed
- Slice shallots & place into a bowl.
- In a pot, add vinegar, sugar, salt, & mustard seeds.
- Bring to a boil & pour over sliced onions.
- Cool & cover with a lid.
3 Each | 15g Garlic
2 Nubs | 30g Ginger
1/2 Stalk | 15g Lemongrass
1 Tablespoon | 10g Vadouvan
1 Lb | 453g Ground Pork
3 Tablespoon | 30g Neutral oil
As Needed Kosher Salt
- In a food processor, add garlic, ginger, lemongrass, & vadouvan spice.
- Pulverize into minced sized pieces.
- Add pork into food processor.
- Pulse just until the aromatics are incorporated into the ground pork.
- Heat a wide pan over a medium – high flame.
- Add oil.
- When oil shimmers, add pork mixture.
- Spread out to fill the surface are of the pan.
- Use a whisk to smash meat into small pieces.
- Once cooked & browned, strain out fat.
- Continue to plating.
Join the Carroll Crew
Join me in my home, personal studio, & kitchens during virtual classes, one-on-one hangouts, and more online member experiences. I love making new friends!
Click Here to learn more
Plating Lettuce Cups
3 Tablespoon | 30g Peanuts, roasted
¼ Bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 Each Avocado
½ Each Carrot
2 Teaspoon | 14g Date Syrup
1 Head Bibb lettuce
1 Each Lime
- Chop peanuts.
- Slice avocado.
- Slice carrots into matchstick shapes.
- Plate lettuce, cilantro, avocado, carrots, lime wedges, & pork onto a platter.
- Drizzle date syrup on top of pork.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top of pork.
- Build the lettuce cups by taking a lettuce cup, add avocado, pork, pickled onions, peanuts, herbs, & squeeze of lime.
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_