yield: 5 Cup
1 1/2 tablespoon | 15g Neutral Oil
1 each | 160g Red Onion, small diced
1/2 each | 80g Carrot, sliced into moons
2 Stalk | 80g Celery, small diced
3 each | 15g Garlic Cloves, sliced
14oz | 463g Crushed tomatoes
2 Cup | 480g Chicken Stock
1 Each | 2g Thyme, sprig
1 Each | 2g Rosemary, sprig
1/2 Cup 125g Heavy Cream
Black Pepper & Kosher Salt to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, add oil.
- Add in the onions, carrots, & celery.
- Once translucent, add in garlic.
- Add crushed tomatoes & cook for 3 minutes. Allowing the tomato to caramelize while moving around.
- Deglaze with chicken stock & add sprig of thyme.
- Bring to a boil, & reduce to a low simmer for 10-15 minutes covered.
- Pour in heavy cream, add rosemary, & cook for 3 minutes.
- Pull out thyme, & rosemary.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper & salt to taste.
yield: 2 Sandwiches
- Heat pan to a medium low temperature.
- Spread butter onto both sides of bread on all 4 slices.
- Place bread into the pan, & lightly toast each side.
- Spread harissa on two slices of bread.
- Place 1 Oz of peeled gruyere cheese on top of the harissa spread.
- Using a microplane, grate 1 Oz parmesan on top of the gruyere
- Place toasted bread on top.
- Grate parmesan cheese directly into the pan to create a layer of cheese that fills the majority of the pan.
- Add the sandwich on top of grated parmesan cheese.
- Grate more parmesan cheese on top of the sandwich & cover with a lid.
- When the bottom layer of parmesan is crispy, flip sandwich over.
- Allow the new layer of parmesan to get crispy then place the grilled cheese on a cutting board.
- Using a ghostly or halloween themed cookie cutter punch out the center of the grilled cheese & serve warm.
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_