4 Each Large Vidalia Onions
⅓ Oz Parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons Neutral Oil
1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
2 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns, whole
1 ½ Teaspoon Allspice, whole
2 Tablespoon Cumin, whole
1 ½ Tablespoon Coriander, whole
½ Tablespoon Aleppo
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
3 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1. In a pan, lightly toast peppercorns, allspice, cumin, & coriander
2. Transfer to a spice grinder, or a mortar & pestle.
3. Grind to a fine consistency.
Tips: You can use a blender to grind up your spices. Make sure to allow the spices to settle before opening the top.
1. Trim off the top and bottom of the onion and cut in half (see image above)
2. Remove dry outer layers. Carefully separate the outer large pedals & set aside.
3. Small dice the inner onion.
4. In a pan, add oil, diced onions & slowly sauté until caramelized.
5. While the onions are caramelizing, blanch the outer petals in salted water.
6. Chill in lightly salted ice water, & dab dry.
7. In a bowl, add ground beef, ground pork, chopped parsley, chilled caramelized onions, spice mix, salt, & egg.
9. Mix well & cook a small piece to taste for seasoning.
1. In a pan, add butter, & flour.
2. Cook over a medium heat until it’s blonde in color.
3. Whisk in cream until incorporated.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until sauce coats the spoon.
5. Add in spice mix, nutmeg & salt.
Building & Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Fill each blanched onion petal with ½ Oz of filling.
3. Place into a baking dish in a single layer.
4. Drizzle oil on top of the nicely packed stuffed onions.
5. Season with salt & pepper.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
7. Take stuffed onions out of the oven & add cream sauce on top.
8. Garnish with additional spice & parsley.
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_