Crispy, sticky, garlicky, sweet & sour with a hint of heat makes these chicken wings worth getting messy for! You might think you’re only gonna eat 3 or 4 but 10 wings later you’ll be looking for more – no joke, this seriously happened to me, LOL. The black lime adds an umami citrus bomb that keeps the wings from getting overly sweet while the date molasses adds the caramely undertones that make you wonder where this flavor combo has been your whole life.
1 ½ Lb Chicken Wings
Seasoning Chicken Wings
3 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
As Needed Baking Soda
- Rinse chicken wings.
- Dry off with paper towels.
- Spread out wings onto a sheet pan with a resting rack.
- Season all over with salt & garlic powder.
- Sprinkle a light layer of baking soda all around chicken wings.
- When you’re done seasoning, make sure the wings are skin side up.
- Place into the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place wings into oven & bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip & continue cooking for 10 minutes or until cooked through & crispy.
Tips: BAKING SODA TIPS / INFO
Garlic & Black Lime Sauce
2 Tablespoon | 20g Neutral Oil
4 Cloves Each | 20g Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon | 15g Harissa
3 Tablespoon | 50g Honey
3 Tablespoon | 50g Date Molasses
1 Each Lime, juiced
As Needed Black Lime, ground
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil & minced garlic.
- Lightly saute garlic & add cooked wings.
- Allow garlic to coat the wings.
- Take off the heat.
- Add harissa, & honey.
- Toss the wings to coat.
- Add Date molasses.
- Squeeze the juice of a lime & mix to coat.
- Toss & season with black lime powder.
- Plate & garnish with cilantro.
Tips: If you like your wings with more “pop,” increase the amount of lime juice.
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_