Keeping it simple doesn’t mean to make a dish boring or bland. It’s all about using the freshest ingredients at their peak. That’s why this tomato avocado salad is the perfect summer salad.
Crispy Chili Oil
yield: 2 Cup
- De-seed Guajillo peppers and set seeds aside.
- Chop the dried Guajillo peppers with a food processor. To the size of a pea or smaller
- Add chopped peppers, reserved seeds, & sesame seeds into a bowl
- In a small pot heat oil to about 350 degrees F
- Carefully pour hot oil over peppers, seeds & sesame seeds
- Allow oil to cool down before adding crispy garlic
- Mix well & Store in a glass jar
– if you love garlic, feel free to double the amount of crispy garlic.
Guajillo chilies are a medium heat pepper. If you like your chili oil less spicy, only add half of the chili seeds.
Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Place sliced tomatoes onto a plate or platter & season with salt.
- In a bowl, add in grape tomatoes, corn, diced avocados, & chopped cilantro. Season with salt, & lime juice.
- Plate avocado / corn mixture on top of the sliced tomatoes.
- Drizzle as much crispy chili oil your heart desires.
- Finish by adding more cilantro for garnish.
- If you like your tomato salad creamy, add more avocado & mash it up a little when mixing
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_