Super refreshing bubbly cocktail that is slightly sweet with just the right amount of limey tartness to balance it out. Noting compares to or is as good as juicing your own watermelon & limes, but what really sets this drink apart from all the rest is the Black Lime Sugar rim – definitely do not skip it for both flavor & fragrance!
Watermelon Soda Base
32 oz | 900 ml Watermelon juiced
4 oz | 115 ml Lime juice
3 oz | 90 ml Agave
- In a mixing bowl add watermelon juice, lime juice, & agave.
- Whisk until all ingredients are combined
- Add to a soda siphon & charge with one CO2 cartridge.
- Buy watermelons with yellow spots. They are the melons that have ripened in the field.
- No liquor for me, but tequila, mezcal, rum, vodka or gin would all work well.
- Garnish with a watermelon wedge & fresh mint!
- When using a soda siphon, make sure to store it in the fridge. The liquid will become more carbonated when cold.
- Some stores sell watermelon juice If you don’t have a juicer.
- And if you don’t have a soda siphon, just add some bubbles (ie: topo chico, tonic, or seltzer)
Black Lime Sugar
Black Lime, ground
- In a bowl, add sugar, black lime, & sea salt.
- Mix together & place onto a saucer.
- Run a juicy lime around the rim of your favorite glass & dip into the Black Lime Sugar.
- Fill glass with watermelon ice cubes & watermelon soda.
- Garnish with watermelon & mint
Follow & Tag Us @eatccc_